Cooking 1 - 450 Level Guide
First, visit any trainer in the main cities of old Azeroth - just ask a guard, and learn Apprentice Cooking.
You can make [Basic Campfire] to cook your food.
-1 - 40
- 60 x [Spice Bread] - 60 [Simple Flour], 60 Mild Spices
- 40 x [Smoked Bear Meat] - 40 [Bear Meat]
- Usually where there are bears, there are Wolfes too. Kill those and you can cook [Spiced Wolf Meat] too.
- At 75, you have to visit your trainer in order to to learn Journeyman Cooking.
80 - 130
- Learn Journeyman Cooking.
80 - 130
- Go to Ashenvale, and head to the Zoram Strand, where the sea is (north-west).
- [Boiled Clams] - 1 Clam Meat, 1 Refreshing Spring Water - clam meat can be found in [Small Barnacled Clam]
- [Crab Cake] - 1 Crawler Meat
Alliance players can buy this recipe too, because the Crawlers drop Crawler Claws too. Don't sell the Crawler Claws!
- [Cooked Crab Claw] - 1 Crawler Claw
130 - 225
- Learn Expert Cooking.
130 - 175
- The Raptors will drop [Raptor Flesh], don't sell or destroy them because you will need those in the next step of the Cooking guide.
- 50 x [Curiously Tasty Omelet] - 50 [Raptor Egg]
175 - 225
- 50 x [Roast Raptor] - 50 [Raptor Flesh]
225 - 300
- Learn Artisan Cooking.
225 - 250
- 25 x [Monster Omelet] - 25 Giant Egg
250 - 285
- 40 x [Juicy Bear Burger] - 40 [Bear Flank]
285 - 300
- 15 x [Smoked Desert Dumplings] - 15 [Sandworm Meat]
- To get this cooking recipe, you have to complete a quest chain first.
- Desert Recipe:
Sharing the Knowledge
300 - 350
- Go to Outland and learn Cooking Master.
300 - 325
- 30 x [Ravager Dog] - 30 [Ravager Flesh]
- 30 x [Buzzard Bites] - 30 [Buzzard Meat]
- You have to complete a quest chain for this cooking recipe:
- Ravager Egg Roundup
- Helboar, the Other White Meat
- Smooth as Butter
325 - 350
- You have 3 choice now. I say, farming Talbuk Venison and Clefthoof Meat is a lot easier than the Warped Flesh, because they are both in Nagrand.
- 35 x [Talbuk Steak] - 35 [Talbuk Venison ]
- 35 x [Roasted Clefthoof] - 35 [Clefthoof Meat]
- 35 x [Warp Burger] - 35 [Warped Flesh]
350 - 450
- Go to Northrend and learn Cooking Grand Master.
350 - 365
- Get the Northern Cooking quest and complete it. It requires 4 Chilled Meat. Completing this quest will teach you how to create [Northern Stew]
- 20 x [Northern Stew] - 20 Chilled Meat
365 - 375
- The Cooking trainer will teach you a lot of recipes which will go green at 382 skill and gray at 415 skill. Any of these recipes are good for skilling up Cooking. I recommend Rhino Dogs if you want to farm the materials. There are a lot of Rhinos around Warsong Hold in Borean Tundra, and they respawn quickly. If you want to buy the materials, you should check the prices for Rhino Dogs, Worm Meat and Fangtooth Herring. These are usually the cheapest ones.
- 13 x [Rhino Dogs] - 13 [Rhino Meat]
375 - 400
- Making one Kungaloosh costs 66 silver, so if you find out that Rhino Dogs, Worm Meat or Fangtooth Herring are cheaper than that, buy those instead.
- You have to finish a quest chain first. It starts with the quest called Some Make Lemonade, Some Make Liquor and ends with The Taste Test. After you completed the quest chain, go to Dalaran and find the Washed-Up Mage, he is in the In The Underbelly (Sewers). He will teach you how to make [Kungaloosh]. After that, go to the Dalaran Fruit Vendor and you can just buy the materials from him.
400 - 425
- Every cooking recipe beyond this point will be purchased with [Dalaran Cooking Awards], which are obtained by completing the daily cooking quest given by Katherine Lee (Alliance) or Awilo Lon'gomba (Horde). You're going to need them and a ton of Northern Spices to level past 425 skill.
- You should cook the recipe that you will use for raiding. Choose one recipe from these, and make that until you reach 425. The recipes are sold by Derek Odds (Alliance) and Misensi (Horde).
425 - 450
- If you think you won't use any feast at all, you can just make the recipe what you made in the previous step, all the way up to 450. (the recipe will be yellow)
- [Gigantic Feast] or [Small Feast]. Both recipes are sold by the NPCs mentioned above