Jewelcrafting Leveling Guide
Approximate Materials Required for 1-450:
The materials are based on the case that you will gain one skill point for each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Jewelcrafting.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT BUY ALL OF THE MATERIALS AT ONCE! Jewelcrafting is really expensive to level, and on most servers AH is screwed up because of the insanely high prices of low level Gems, Orbs and Bars. I usually have a few tips and alternatives so you can save some gold.
- 100 Copper Bar
- 20 Tigerseye or 20 Malachite
- 120 Bronze Bar = 60 Copper Bar, 60 Tin Bar
- 60 Shadowgem OR 20 Shadowgem and 20 Small Lustrous Pearl
- 80 Heavy Stone
- 30 Moss Agate
- 140 Mithril Bar
- 80 Solid Stone
- 25 Citrine
- 15 Truesilver Bar
- 5 Aquamarine
- 50 Thorium Bar
- 10 Star Ruby
- 20 Large Opal
- 10 Powerful Mojo or 10 Blue Sapphire
- 10 Essence of Earth or 10 Essence of Undeath
- 20 Huge Emerald
- 55 green gems OR 40 and 15 Black Diamond - Don't buy all of them from one kind, because there might be some recipes where you don't have the reputation to buy it, so you will have to choose other green gems. Just buy them when you get to that part of the Jewelcrafting guide.
- 40 Adamantite Powder (200 Adamantite Ore)
- 10 Primal Earth
- 10 Adamantite Bar
- Buy around 70 from any of the following gems: Bloodstone, Chalcedony, Dark Jade, Huge Citrine, Shadow Crystal, Sun Crystal.
- Make sure to buy at least 5 Bloodstone, 1 Chalcedony, 1 Shadow Crystal and 1 Dark Jade, because you will need the Bloodstones when you reach 395 and the other gems when you reach 440.
- 46 Eternal Earth OR 23 Eternal Earth and 23 Eternal Shadow
- Forest Emerald - You might only need 5.
- Around 28 Skyflare Diamond OR 28 Earthsiege Diamond, but you should buy less then 28 and buy more if you need them.
- 1 Frozen Orb
Jewelcrafting Leveling Guide 1 - 450
- First, visit a trainer - just ask a guard, and learn Apprentice Jewelcrafting. You can train your Jewelcrafting up to 450 in Dalaran.
- 30 x [Delicate Copper Wire] - 60 Copper Bar
Save these, you will need them later.
- 20 x [Tigerseye Band] - 20 Tigerseye, 20 Delicate Copper Wire
- You can make 20 x [Malachite Pendant] too.
50 - 150
- Learn Jewelcrafting Journeyman.
- 50 x [Bronze Setting] - 100 Bronze Bar
- Save these, you will need them later.
- 20 x [Simple Pearl Ring] - 20 Small Lustrous Pearl, 20 Bronze Setting, 40 Copper Bar
- 20 x [Gloom Band] - 20 Bronze Setting, 40 Shadowgem, 40 Delicate Copper Wire
- Make [Ring of Silver Might] if Silver Bar is cheap on your server.
- 10 x [Ring of Twilight Shadows] - 20 Shadowgem, 20 Bronze Bar
- You can also continue to make [Ring of Silver Might]
- 10 x [Heavy Stone Statue] - 80 Heavy Stone
- If Heavy Stone is cheap (usually it's not) make this one up to 130 if you want to.
- 30 x [Pendant of the Agate Shield] - 30 Moss Agate, 30 Bronze Settings
The design sold by these NPCs.
- If you prospect your own Ores, usually you will get a lot of [Lesser Moonstone] too, but even if you don't prospect the Ores, sometimes 2 Lesser Moonstone is cheaper than one Moss Agate. So get the recipe [Design: Amulet of the Moon] and use up all your Lesser Moonstone. The design is sold by these NPCs.
150 - 200
- Learn Jewelcrafting Expert.
- 45 x [Mithril Filigree] - 90 Mithril Bar
Save these, you will need 45 of them later.
- 8 x [Solid Stone Statue] - 80 Solid Stone
- 15 x [Engraved Truesilver Ring] - 15 Truesilver Bar, 30 Mithril Filigree
200 - 300
- Learn Jewelcrafting Artisan.
- If Citrine is expensive, you can continue to make [Engraved Truesilver Ring] up to around 210 or maybe more, you will also need a bit more Mithril Filigree then.
- The recipe will go yellow at 210, so you might need to get more Citrine if you are unlucky. If you are lucky you will only need 20.
- 25 x [Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing] - 25 Citrine, 50 Mithril Bar
- 5 x [Aquamarine Pendant of the Warrior] - 5 Aquamarine, 15 Mithril Filigree
- 50 x [Thorium Setting] - 50 Thorium Bar
- Stop making these at 250 and only make more if you need it.
- 10 x [Ruby Pendant of Fire] - 10 Star Ruby, 10 Thorium Setting
- If Large Opal is expensive on your realm, like it costs twice as much as one Star Ruby, then you should continue to make [Ruby Pendant of Fire] up to 275. Or if you Prospected your own Ores, you will have a lot of Star Ruby and Azerothian Diamond left, use all of them.
- 20 x [Simple Opal Ring] - 20 Large Opal, 20 Thorium Setting
- If you reach 265 and you have some extra Azerothian Diamond, or it's cheap (I doubt that) you can start to craft [Diamond Focus Ring] too.
- 10 x [Onslaught Ring] - 10 Powerful Mojo, 10 Essence of Earth, 10 Thorium Setting
- 10 x [Sapphire Pendant of Winter Night] - 10 Blue Sapphire, 10 Essence of Undeath, 10 Thorium Setting
- Make a few [Glowing Thorium Band] if you have some Azerothian Diamonds left.
- 10 x [Emerald Lion Ring] - 20 Huge Emerald, 10 Thorium Setting
300 - 350
- Go to Outland and learn Jewelcrafting Master.
- Now from this part of this Jewelcrafting guide, you will use recipes that are already yellow to you and since WoW is pretty random, you might just need 5 gems to reach your desired skill or maybe up to 10.
A nice alternative to 300-315 is this pattern:
- 15 x [Prismatic Black Diamond] - 15 Black Diamond
When you learn these recipes, they will already be yellow. I suggest that you cut 30 from any of the following gems, then you should reach 320:
- [Teardrop Blood Garnet]
- [Brilliant Golden Draenite]
- [Solid Azure Moonstone]
- [Radiant Deep Peridot]
- [Inscribed Flame Spessarite]
- [Glowing Shadow Draenite]
Make 5-7 from any of the following gems:
- [Bold Blood Garnet]
- [Bright Blood Garnet]
- [Gleaming Golden Draenite]
- [Jagged Deep Peridot]
- [Luminous Flame Spessarite]
- [Royal Shadow Draenite]
- [Sparkling Azure Moonstone]
Save these, you will need them later:
- 10 x [Mercurial Adamantite] - 40 Adamantite Powder, 10 Primal Earth
Make a few from any of the following gems, if you didn't reach 335 yet:
- [Enduring Deep Peridot]
- [Glinting Flame Spessarite]
- [Runed Blood Garnet]
- [Shifting Shadow Draenite]
- [Thick Golden Draenite]
- [Purified Jaggal Pearl] - This one turns green at 332.
Make 5-7 from any of the following gems:
- [Dazzling Deep Peridot]
- [Delicate Blood Garnet]
- [Potent Flame Spessarite]
- [Rigid Golden Draenite]
- [Sovereign Shadow Draenite]
- [Smooth Golden Draenite]
340 - 350
- You can continue to make the gems listed above if you didn't reach 350 by making the rings shown below.
- 10 x [Heavy Adamantite Ring] - 10 Adamantite Bar, 10 Mercurial Adamantite
350 - 450
- Go to Northrend and learn Jewelcrafting Grand Master.
350 - 395
Buy around 55 from any of the following gems. After 375, the recipes will be yellow so you might need less or more:
- [Dark Jade]
- [Huge Citrine]
- [Shadow Crystal]
- [Sun Crystal]
- Cut any random gem you want. There are about 50 new green gem recipes, I won't list all of them. Go to your trainer, learn one and make that recipe about 55 times.
395 - 400
Make 5 from any of the following items:
- 5 x [Bloodstone Band] - 5 Bloodstone, 10 Crystallized Earth
- 5 x [Crystal Chalcedony Amulet] - 5 Chalcedony, 10 Crystallized Earth
- 5 x [Crystal Citrine Necklace] - 5 Huge Citrine, 10 Crystallized Earth
- 5 x [Sun Rock Ring] - 5 Sun Crystal, 10 Crystallized Earth
400 - 420
- 23 x [Stoneguard Band] - 46 Eternal Earth
- 23 x [Shadowmight Ring] - 23 Eternal Earth, 23 Eternal Shadow
420 - 425
- You better make this yellow recipe until it turns green, because after this, there will be only meta gems, and they are a lot more expensive. Forest Emerald is usually the cheapest gem.
- 7 x [Dazzling Forest Emerald] - 7 Forest Emerald
425 - 440
- Buy 15 [Skyflare Diamond] or [Earthsiege Diamond]
- There are plenty of meta gem recipes, choose one of them and make it 15 times. You can learn some recipes from your trainer, and some of them are sold by Tiffany Cartier in Dalaran, a lot of them are also dropped by bosses and mobs around Northrend.
440 - 441
- 1 [Icy Prism] - 1 Frozen Orb, 1 Chalcedony, 1 Shadow Crystal, 1 Dark Jade
441 - 450
- More meta gems. Usually 13-14 [Skyflare Diamond] or [Earthsiege Diamond] is enough.